It was announced today that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 will be available on DVD and Blu-ray November 11, 2011 in the US, while UK muggles will have to wait until December 2nd.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 recently sailed passed $1.3 billion worldwide, making it the most successful movie of the franchise. 96% on Rotten Tomatoes also makes it the most critically acclaimed, so there’s no wonder Warner Bros. plans to mount an awards campaign over the upcoming months.
Bonus features for the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Blu-ray include:
– Maximum Movie Mode hosted by Matthew Long (Neville Longbottom) and other cast members (80 minutes) – As the epic showdown between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort approaches, don’t miss a single detail as the forces of good and evil clash one final time throughout the grounds of Hogwarts.
– A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe – Join J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe for an exclusive conversation about bringing the character of Harry Potter to life, the last decade of films and how their lives have changed by the fame that they’ve both experienced.
– The Goblins of Gringotts – Hosted by Warwick Davis, you’ll see the entire process of becoming a goblin in a Harry Potter film, from auditions and casting to makeup and prosthetic tests as well as filming the final scenes.
– The Women of Harry Potter – A look at the remarkable women in Harry Potter’s life and the critical role they play in the films.
– WB Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
– Deleted Scenes
– Ultraviolet Digital Copy
The DVD will contain all the features above except the ‘Maximum Movie Mode’ and the ‘Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe’. We got a list of the deleted scenes earlier this month which you can check out here.