Hero Complex received a new behind the scenes video which looks at composer Alexandre Desplat and the making of the music for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. Desplat explains his process, and producers David Heyman and David Barron talk about why they chose Desplat for the job.
Samples of Desplat ‘s soundtrack have found their way online, and you can listen to them below:
The soundtrack will be released on November 16th, which is 3 days before the movie, and is available to pre-order on Amazon here.
There is also a limited collector’s box set which includes:
• Individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity
• PremierCell Presentation of high quality film photography on heavy cardstock featuring two 35MM film cells cut from the movie reel. Comes with attachable easel.
• 7 inch double sided picture Vinyl Disc with score from the movie
• DVD with 5.1 audio mix of Alexandre Desplat’s score and a 7 minute video featurette of the scoring session, along with interviews with Composer Alexandre Desplat and Producers David Heyman and David Barron.
• Movie Poster
• Orchestral Sheet Music from recording session at Abbey Road Studios signed by Alexandre Desplat
• Soundtrack on CD
• 2nd CD with additional score
10,000 will be sold in total, and you can pre-order one by clicking on the image below!