Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release David Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on DVD and Blu-ray on March 20th.
Following its release the movie, starring Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara, was seen as a disappointment box office-wise, but people judged too early as the movie has now made over $200 million worldwide, which is pretty good for an R-rated movie that cost $90 million to produce.
A sequel it pretty much a given at this point, and while Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara are already signed on for further films director David Fincher is not, but he’s already expressed interest in shooting The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest back-to-back so if he does return it’ll probably be for both films.
The Blu-ray bonus features include:
Commentary by Director David Fincher
- Vangar Archives:
– Men Who Hate Women
– Salander, Lisbeth – Casting Salander, Different in Every Way, The Look of Salander, Mara/Fincher, Irene Nesser, Salander Test Footage
– Blomkvist, Mikael – Casting Blomkvist, Daniel Craig on Film Acting, Dressing Blomkvist, Investigation (stills) photogallery,
– Vanger, Martin – Stellan Skarsgård on Film Acting, Psychopathy, Bondage, Torture, Wrapped In Plastic, Set Design(stills)
– On Location
– Sweden – Stockholm Syndrome, Stockholms Tunnelbana, Fuck These People, The End, Picture Wrap
– Hollywood – Casting Armansky, Armansky Audition, Thinking Evil Shit, Rape/Revenge, Int. Blomkvist’s Cottage, Int. Martin’s House, Int. Salander’s Apartment
– Post Production
– In The Cutting Room
– Main Titles (Multi-Angle) With Commentary by Tim Miller of BLUR Studio
– Visual Effects Montage
- Promotion – Theatrical trailers, TV spots, one sheet
– Hard Copy- Commentary with Director David Prior
The only extra feature on the DVD release will be the commentary by David Fincher.