Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood didn’t turn critics into Merry Men however it did make over $300 million worldwide. That that won’t be enough to give Ridley Scott the sequel he wanted but I suppose Universal may consider it if does well on DVD/Blu-ray.
Universal recently announced that a never-before-seen unrated director’s cut of Robin Hood will be released on September 21st, and it will include 15 minutes of new footage. You can pre-order Robin Hood now on:
Special features on the two-disc special edition DVD and Blu-ray include:
- Director’s Notebook (BD-exclusive): a seamless multimedia experience focusing on the director’s vision gives viewers a peek inside Ridley Scott’s unique filmmaking process. Incorporating behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Scott and his trusted inner circle of collaborators, this feature launches at critical moments throughout the film to illuminate the task of mounting a vast production like Robin Hood.
- The Art of Nottingham (BD-exclusive): a special look at the portfolio of designs generated for the film, including video introductions by key department heads such as production designer Arthur Max and costume designer Janty Yates. Galleries of concept art, costume designs, storyboards and other imagery are featured.
- Deleted scenes with introduction and commmentary by editor Pietro Scalia
- Rise and Rise Again: Making Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood
- Ballad, Legend & Myth: Pre-production – see how the filmmakers and actors, including Ridley Scott, Brian Grazer and Russell Crowe, tackled the challenge of breathing new life into the longest surviving character in the English language, Robin Hood.
- The More the Merrier: Production – a stellar cast led by Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett descended on England to shoot this massive epic under the direction of Ridley Scott. With an unparalleled passion for detail, Scott oversees all of the production design, costuming, weaponry and action sequences in the film.
- No Quarter Given: Post-production – Sifting through a million feet of shot film, Ridley Scott and editor Pietro Scalia perfect the screen story and work with the post-production team to add layers of sound design, visual effects and Marc Streitenfeld’s beautiful score.
- pocket BLU
- Advanced Remote Control
- Video Timeline
- VIRTUAL Keyboard
- uHEAR (new feature): This innovative feature instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray disc and turns on the subtitles for the section you couldn’t hear.
- INTERACTIVE TICKER (new feature): get the latest information about Universal’s theatrical and Blu-ray releases. Plus, get updates about upcoming BD-Live events, awards and TV shows on NBC.
- My Scenes
You can pre-order Robin Hood now on: