The British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has posted new details on the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 DVD and Blu-ray which includes a list of deleted scenes and features that will be on the discs. Fans will get to see more of Harry’s final farewell to the Dursley’s, along with more scenes of the trio in the wilderness.
Check out the full list of deleted scenes below:
– (SC 7 – THE BURROWS SHED – RON DISCUSSES RADIOS WITH MR. WEASLEY
– (SC 15 – THE DURSLEY HOUSE – HARRY AND AUNT PETUNIA AS THEY LEAVE HOUSE)
– (SC 16 – THE DURSLEY HOUSE – HARRY AND DUDLEY SHAKE HANDS)
– (SC 61 – THE GRANGER HOUSE – DEATH EATER SEARCHES DESERTED HOUSE)
– (SC 83 – MINISTRY OF MAGIC LIFTS – HARRY TELLS ARTHUR HE’S BEING TRACKED)
– (SC 89 – TENT – TRIO DISCUSS DESTROYING LOCKET)
– (SC 108 – RABBIT CHASE IN THE FOREST)
– (SC 108 – MONTAGE: RON & HERMIONE SKIMMING STONES)
It’s a shame Harry’s conversations with Aunt Petunia and Dudley were cut as it showed that Petunia actually cared about the death of her sister (Harry’s mother) and that Dudley actually had some respect for Harry, but I can see why David Yates cut them. The opening as it stands it great. I wish they included the ‘Death Eaters invading Hermione’s home’ scene also as it would have justified Hermione’s decision to wipe her parents memories further, but I guess audiences can still see why from the final film.
The BBFC also mentions that the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 DVD release date is set for April 11th in the UK, so it will probably have a similar date in the US and elsewhere.