I am sure everyone remembers the badly timed arrest of Christian Bale after the European opening of The Dark Knight in London. Well there is good news for Bale, he will not be charged!
Batman star Christian Bale will not face charges relating to an alleged assault last month on his mother and sister, prosecutors said Thursday, suggesting their decision was based in part on the family members’ wishes. Christian Bale’s mother accused him of assault the night before the London premiere of “Dark Knight.”
Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said there was insufficient evidence to afford a “realistic prospect of conviction,” and ordered police not to take any further action.
The service said in a statement that while it “treats all incidents which take place in a domestic context seriously, it is important that the views of complainants are also taken into account when making decisions in such cases.”
Even if Bale did ‘assault’ his family members (which is rumored to be nothing more than a push and shuffle), the press attention and humiliation he received the day after his movie opened, and for the following days, was bad enough punishment in my opinion.
I’m glad this has now been resolved, as we can watch Terminator Salvation without thinking John Connor gave Sarah Connor a backhand or two.