A few 3D events have been taking place around the globe recently, and one man attending a few of them is Avatar director James Cameron. With this knowledge, some have speculated that Cameron would choose one of these events to showcase some much anticipated footage of Avatar, seeing as though the film will itself be in 3D. Well those damn speculators have got our hopes up for no reason yet again!
Marketsaw spoke to the main man himself, James Cameron, who revealed the following information about when we may eventually see something:
1. Cameron has quite a few lengthy scenes from various parts of the film completed, but he said that he simply does not have enough finished material from throughout the film to cut a representative teaser.
2. He has not spoken with Fox much regarding trailer placement, but sees many options over Spring / Summer 2009 in terms of 3-D movies in front of which the trailer could play.
3. When I mentioned Monsters Vs. Aliens as a possible trailer destination, he said that it was definitely possible we could see the trailer in front of that.
4. He emphasized that people will definitely know the movie is coming, and that he has challenged Fox to market this groundbreaking film in appropriately groundbreaking ways.
5. When I told him how humongous and fervent the fansbase anticipating this film already is, and how we’ve been pining for the smallest morsel of information since before he had even chosen Avatar as his next project, he emphasized that whatever we expect it to be, it is sure to be something completely different.