With Marvel’s The Avengers on the verge of release the company has teamed up with Loud Crow Interactive to produce a new interactive comic book app called Marvel’s The Avengers: Iron Man – Mark VII. It’s basically a condensed comic version of the first two Iron Man movies (complete with soundtrack) which you can tap and swipe your way through.
Here’s the app description:
Set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Marvel’s The Avengers: Iron Man – Mark VII” is an epic interactive comic book experience through the design logs of super hero Tony Stark as he journeys from his Mark I armor, used to escape from captivity in the Ten Rings insurgents’ cave, to the high-powered Mark VI armor, used to vanquish Ivan Vanko and his army of Hammer Drones.
A war has started and we are hopelessly outgunned. It is time for billionaire philanthropist Tony Stark to upgrade his Iron Man armor for the upcoming battle when “Marvel’s The Avengers” assemble for the blockbuster movie event of summer 2012.
– 15+ pages of an all-new story by fan fave creators, writer Fred Van Lente and artist Steve Kurth! Plus an all-new cover by the legendary Adi Granov!
– Hit musical soundtrack from the Iron Man and Iron Man II movies!
– Innovative new sliding panel navigation to immerse you in comics like never before!
– Dozens of interactions that react to tilt, touch, and drag to give you full control over the experience!
– “Read to Me” mode with word highlighting!
– “Read Myself” mode with touchable words!
Marvel’s The Avengers: Iron Man – Mark VII is free to download, and you can get it on the iPhone, iPad, and Android phones (links below). I downloaded it and got through it within 3 minutes, but it entertained me and is worth a download. Shame they couldn’t get Robert Downey Jr. to do the voice-over!